Friday, September 2, 2016

DIY: starbucks giftcard holder


       My sister-in-law turned eight last year on her birthday (I have one younger than that, too!), and I had absolutely no idea what to get her. They celebrated her birthday a month late to share a party with her younger sister.  She has every toy imaginable and honestly, I wanted to get her something that would be special.  Being one of five, she loves to spend time with Harrison (her big brother) and me.  The girl is OBSESSED with Starbucks (and I do mean obsessed).  I can't even walk into the house with one or the girl becomes a one-track mind.  I wanted to get her a Starbucks card that promised her a breakfast date.  I wanted to make it cute, because I'm all about the appearance of a gift.  Plus, I knew my gift was going to have to compete with a bunch of new fancy toys.  I made her this card:
 

Her absolute favorite thing is a coffee frappuccino, so I put that on the front. 



Inside, I drew a to-go cup of coffee.  I, then, hot glued a recycled Starbucks coffee sleeve to the card and also sealed the bottom shut with hot glue.  it was a perfect fit for the gift card.  


The inside read: 
We know it's not your birthday - 
sorry it's a little late.
We want to make it up to you 
by treating you to a coffee date.
Harrison, Lauren, and Sophie - 
just us three.
We'll have breakfast at Starbucks
and enjoy a cup of coffee.
Happy Birthday, Sophie!
Love,
Harrison and Lauren 

Sophie loved her gift card and the moms at the party were more impressed with the card than she was, but oh well! I still love the way it turned out!   ---xoxo, Lauren
 


No comments:

Post a Comment