Tuesday, May 10, 2016

CELEBRATE: lauren's bridal shower

I had the pleasure of hosting my first ever bridal shower for one of my dear friends, Lauren.  She is actually the first of my friends to get married, so I was more than happy to co-host a shower for her (I started a Pinterest board the day she got engaged).  



I realized the week of the party that I didn't have a table large enough for everyone.  My mother-in-law came up with the brilliant idea for me to use my old wooden doors (purchased at an estate sale for about $40) on top of 2 saw horses.  I love the way it looked and have since drilled them on to the sawhorses to use as a picnic table.  



For food, we made a donut cake, which was super easy and adorable.  I mean, who doesn't love donuts?  We got some of the Sister Schubert sausage rolls because those are always a crowd-pleaser.  We also made breakfast quiches with hashbrowns, eggs, cheese, and bacon.  Lastly, we had a yogurt parfait bar, including toppings like granola, strawberries, and blueberries.  Overall, it was a simple breakfast, but for our small party of a dozen, it was just right.



My younger sister, Carlee, let me borrow her cute little pink polaroid camera for my guest book.  We took the pictures, taped the pictures into a little notebook with washi tape, and signed the pages.  I though it was something different and cute.  (Now, I really want my own polaroid camera!)  



Here are some beautiful pictures taken by my talented friend, Brianna (thank goodness she brought her camera!): 



Our yogurt parfait bar


the donut cake



Our adorable party entertainment


My lifesaver, Sara, saving the day.  
Seriously couldn't have done it without you!


the sweet flower girl and Lauren



We framed Lauren's invitation for her to keep.

  
Our guest book

  









 It was a beautiful day and such a great time to shower our sweet friend.

Congrats to Lauren and Matt!  I am so happy for the two of you!  I'm so glad to finally have a friend in the "married club" with me. HA!  Hurry up, July 23rd! #laurenmethermattch




1 comment: