Monday, October 10, 2016

TRAVEL: new orleans 2016

This summer I was fortunate enough to take a little weekend trip to New Orleans, Louisiana with my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and three sister-in-laws.  We decided to take a little girls trip to celebrate my grandmother-in-law's birthday.  They are so spontaneous and adventurous, which made this trip one I know I'll never forget.  


My cousin, Stephen, was nice enough to host all of us during our stay.  Such a good sport!



Our first stop?  Cafe Du Monde, of course!  We had to start off our weekend in NOLA with some beignets and coffee.  



Then, we did some shopping.  We all got some new sunglasses and had to document the occasion.


I loved walking the streets of New Orleans.  We found some of the coolest places just tucked in the most random places.  


We enjoyed an AMAZING dinner at Jacques-Imo's. I had the Shrimp Etouffee - and let me just say - I enjoyed every. single. bite.


Day 2 started with more beignets and coffee for our sweet Blue's birthday breakfast.



Macarons from Sucre for a shopping snack.




Marigold and I felt it necessary to take a selfie in front of this mint green wall.


We enjoyed an afternoon on Magazine Street with lots of shopping and a little bit of rain. 






We happened to be in town for Bastille Day, so we went to NOMA for some French festivities.  Unfortunately, due to recent events, they cancelled a large portion of the activities to honor the lives of those that were tragically lost.  








Any trip with my mother-in-law means lots of photo-ops.  I had to pose with these trees - I love them!



No joke - we had dessert more than a dozen times throughout our 3-day trip. 

.  

 Cannolis and gelato from Angelo Brocato's. 




We drank lots of coffee to keep us going and made several stops at Morning Call.  

  


Our last stop before heading home: Joe Gambino's for Doberge cake and cannolis to take home.  


We decided to go home through Mobile, AL, which gave me the opportunity to make a pit-stop at my cousin's new coffee truck.  


 So glad I got a chance to enjoy some Yellowhammer Coffee. 


We had the best time!  So thankful for lots of laughter, coffee, dessert, and memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment